Friday, July 20, 2007

Last night was the second race I have done out in New Braunfels. It is at a church in the parking lot. The churches down here are so big its not funny! See, I am not laughing! They are enormous, the parking lot course is about a mile long. I stayed with the peloton in the front of the pack for the whole race, there was a four man break away but I missed it, otherwise I may have been able to win, but instead I had to sprint for 6th place. It was a fun race though and the course was all muddy and wet so we were sliding around and got covered in mud and rocks.
I got my new bike yesterday from KHS. Its awesome and I am stoked to get it put together to race on it.
I decided to race this weekend in north texas. Robyn and Melia arent coming though, I am catching a ride up with a team mate to save gas, money, time...going up tonight and coming back saturday eve. It is for the State Championship Road Race. I was not going to even go but alas I have changed my mind.
Here is my new bike:

3 comments:

Jeni said...

I wont be back in town until that night, otherwise I owuld have come to watch you - me and nebs. Sorry brother - good luck and I am so sad we cant see you this weekend!

saltysista said...

That was a good race! Too bad we can't see you race Sat. Good luck and I know you will do well!

Mike Karyn & Nash said...

Good Luck Uncle Dan!!