Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Just wanted to mention that last weekend I raced in the second race of the July series. I crashed. the guy in front of me stood up on a fast uphill to break away from our group. He jumped a little off his bike, his shoe cleat broke and he went flying sideways and slid on the ground I was going about 25 mph and went straight into him. My bike stopped instantly and I flew over my bars doing a full flip in the air. I landed on my butt and rolled about three more times curled up in a ball. I staggered back to my bike to see if it was ok, and although I had both of my deraillers hanging on by a thread I finished the last 15 miles alone and crossed the finish line. I only have a few little scratches to show for it and my bike is totally ok other than I needed new cables. So much for winning the series now, next weekend I race again. I want to place in the top three this time.

1 comment:

saltysista said...

Too bad about your crash but at least you got your big one out of the way for this year!